Hello all. I hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend! My husband was very sweet and held down the fort at home so I could go out of town for a girls weekend trip. We went whitewater rafting which was so fun! We laughed so hard we cried. Then we pretty much spent the rest of the trip eating our way through all the amazing restaurants and coffee shops in my sister's adorable town.
Needless to say I went to the gym first thing this morning to try and contain the damage I did over the past few days. I'm also trying to avoid eating sugary desserts like these amazingly delicious chocolate chip cookies I made a few weeks ago. It's a good thing they are all gone or I would probably be scarfing down a few right now. I've tried lots of different cookie recipes trying to find one that is thick and chewy and this is it. Check out the recipe below!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from : Recipes.com
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
You can view the printable recipe HERE.