Cranberry and Pecan Brie En Croute
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel of Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soak dried cranberries in a small bowl of water for one minute so that they are not hard.
- Lay thawed puff pastry sheet on a cookie sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in pecans and cinnamon and toast for about 3 minutes.
- Place Brie in the middle of the puff pastry.
- Place pecan mixture on top of Brie.
- Place brown sugar on top of pecan mixture. The heat of the pecan mixture will help melt the brown sugar.
- Drain cranberries. Place them on top of brown sugar.
- Bring the edges of the puff pastry up and press them together making sure to seal the dough. If you have excess dough you can cut a leaf or decoration to add to the top of the Brie.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the entire pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven or until the pastry is a golden brown.
- Serve with crackers or just by the slice.
Note: For this shower I used a 14 oz brie wheel instead of an 8 oz. So I doubled the recipe and used two pastry sheets to cover it. I just placed the second puff pastry on top of the Brie and turned up the edges of the one on the bottom and sealed them together.
Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything